| Andalucia > Malaga > Alameda > Gastronomy
Alameda gastronomy and recipes
The gastronomy of Alameda is identified totally with the world of agriculture, the most typical meals of the zone have fed the people of the nearby towns during many years. Characteristic dishes are the homemade sauces of almond and garlic, rice with rabbit (or hare) and desserts like 'gachas', 'natillas', rice with milk and, by all means, the 'pestiņos', twisted rolls and 'mostachones'. Also they emphasize traditional 'sopaipas', made with flour, 'magdalenas' and artisan 'mantecados'. It is necessary to have present that this gastronomy has as component basic the olive oil, that gives that flavor so characteristic to dishes of this place. The most representative dishes are:
1 kg of stale bread
1 and a half kg of ripe tomatoes
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
How to cook it:
- Cut the bread into very small pieces.
- Peel the tomatoes by putting tomatoes in boiling water for five minutes then removing and plunging into cold water.
- Put sliced garlic and the rest of ingredients in a bowl, mash together until it holds together, adding the olive oil gradually.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
4 thick slices stale country bread
4 tablespoons diced raw ham (you can try with bacon or gammon)
2 tablespoons bacon fat
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 bruised garlic cloves
1 small red pepper, seeded and diced
How to cook it:
- Remove the crusts and cube the bread.
- Sprinkle with water, season with salt and pepper and wrap in a tea towel for at least an hour.
- Heat the bacon fat and oil with the garlic cloves.
- When it smokes, discard the garlic and gry the ham, bacon or gammon and pepper.
- When they are done, remove them and add the cubes of bread.
- Cook these for 15 minutes maximum, moving them constantly.
- When crisp, return the ham, pepper and season.