The east in Almeria has a great landscape diversity, with its own personality that attracts tourists every year in search of a coastal area with crystal.clear waters and fine sand, as well as unspoilt beaches and cliffs that form very tranquil coves that extend from Cabo de Gata-Nijar till the border of the Murcia province.
Eastern coast has beaches that have been awarded with the European blue flag, proof of its contrasted quality...and also has numerous unspoilt beaches like the ‘Playa de los Muertos’ (Beach of the Corpses), which we have described in another guide, or ‘Cala Cristal’ (Crystal Cove). Both beaches are ideal for the practice of nudism. ‘El Playazo’ in Almeria has a nudist area, hotels and very popular facilities amongst the tourists that go there and repeat each year.
We’ll find natural monuments like the Natural Park of Cabo de Gata-Nijar or the Islands of Lands or the Black Island, where we’ll be able to relax and enjoy the great work made by nature in Almeria.
If we want to play golf, in this area of Almeria we have the Desert Spring Golf in Almanzora Caves. We can also go scuba-diving, water-skiing and of course the most recommended activity which is hiking, where not only we’ll we do exercise walking the routes but we’ll also be able to enjoy spectacular sceneries in Almeria’s El Levante.
- Beach of the Corpses in Carboneras, where we’ll find an unbeatable quality of water and sand.
- Macenas Castle Beach in Mojacar
- The beaches and the viewpoints in Mojacar
- Mojacar Castle, a small castle with very beautiful streets
- Garrucha, a traditional fishing village
- El Playazo in Vera, a nudist area with a peaceful atmosphere
- Sierra Almagrera, situated after Garrucha and borders the coast forming small coves and beaches
- The abandoned village of El Marchalico-Vinicas, which is part of a trekking route known as “Los Yesares” in the Karst de Yesos Natural Park in Sorbas
- Almanzora Caves reservoir
- Marquis of Velez Castle in Almanzora
- La Mena path in Mojacar, inaugurated in 2012
- Carboneras port, a peaceful place very near the Beach of the Corpses, and Mojacar
Almeria’s El Levante is made up of the following municipalities: Antas, Bedar, Carboneras, Cuevas de Almanzora, Garrucha, Huercal-Overa, Los Gallardos, Lubrin, Mojacar, Pulpi, Sorbas, Turre and Vera.