Enclosed by the natural boundaries of two pine woods that integrate into the landscape an alternate offer of practising sport, the athletics track, with the following features, forms part of the Sports Village of Torremolinos.
- 8 lanes plus a perimeter lane of artificial turf.
- Natural grass inside area for use as a regulation size football pitch.
- Track surface of medium-hard Mondo Sportrack, designed to prevent injury and ideal for training.
- Regulation safety nets for discus/hammer throwing, to R.F.E.A. (the Spanish Athletic Federation) speciafications.
- Two parallel runs for pole vaulting in the high jump area (next to the start of the 400 metre dash).
- Northweast to Southwest orientation.
- Maximum quality equipment (mostly UCS).
With all this features and considering the excepcional climate throughout the year, is a perfecy seeting for optimum training sessions for specific competitions.
Torremolinos has inaugurated new outdoor courts. 4 paddleball. 45 tennis and 2 multi-use in this multisports centre. The new tennis installations, are regulation courts (18x36 metres) built with porous "quick". There is a centre court with tier seating of up to 300 hundred spectators. The paddle courts are enclosed in 12mm sheet glass. The characteristics of the playing area made of artificial grass make these unique in our complement to the Multi-Sport Stadium "Ciudad Deportiva de Torremolinos".