| Province and Villages - Malaga - Alhaurin de la Torre - Gastronomy
Alhaurin de la Torre gastronomy
The outstanding Andalusian gastronomy and the wealthy Mediterranean diet, considered the healthiest, varied and balanced in the world, make our popular kitchen a exquisite delicacy. Alhaurin de la Torre offers flavorful dishes and typical desserts. Inns, bars and restaurants, even the morning fair, are contact points to taste delicious homemade recipes like rice with chestnuts, 'cachorreñas', boiled soup and gachas. The most representative dishes are:
5 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of red pepper
1 sour orange
1 clove of garlic
1 and a half litre of water
1/2 kg of white bread
How to cook it:
- Cut half kilo of white bread in pieces.
- Soak some breadcrumbs in vinegar.
- Mash in the mortar a clove of garlic, a bit of comin and two tablespoons of red pepper.
- Then add the breadcrumbs and 5 tablespoons of olive oil gradually.
- When you make a fine paste clarify it, little by little, using 1 and a half litre of water.
- Pour the result into a casserole.
- When it starts to boil, add the bread that we cut on the first step.
- Cover the casserole to fluff the content, flavoring it with the juice of a sour orange.
How to cook it:
- Fry in a pan with olive oil the oinion (cut it in very small pieces) and anise seeds. esté frita, colar el aceite y reservarlo.
- When it is fried, strain the oil and keep the rest.
- Use again the olive oil to fry the bread (cut it in small squares).
- Dissolve the flour in a bowl with cold milk, adding it gradually.
- Pour the rest of the milk in a casserole and wait until it is hot.
- Then, add the dissolved flour continuosly, little by little, and make sure it is mixed well.
- Cook these for 15 minutes maximum, moving them constantly.
- When it starts to get thick, add olive oil and sugar.
- When the mixture acquires the wished thickness, add the bread that we cut in squares before.
- Serve in dishes and spill some grinded cinnamon over them.