Extremely unsatisfactory customer service. The only reason I am prepared to give you any rating is that the car provided was reasonably ok. So my story is as follows. My passport and driving licence were not given back to me after they were requested for photocopying at the desk on car collection (Friday 17 Aug 21.30 approx) (my fault partly for not not remembering to ask for them back I accept). On discovering they were missing three days later I contacted you to ask if you had them I was told by the woman that you have a specific place they are kept and that you did not have them. I called another twice after that and was told (very abruptly by same woman) that again you did not have either document and there was no point in calling again. I then contacted my consulate to try to arrange alternative travel documentation for my return home on Friday 24 August. This was very time consuming and required a consular appointment. On the day of the appointment (the next day) I decided to visit Malaga Car in person for a final check. I asked for the manager and explained the reason for my visit. He immediately opened a drawer at desk 4 and there was both my passport and driving licence lying there!. I am absolutely disgusted at the poor level of communication (no phone call to me or communication between staff to double check) I have been put to a major inconvenience unnecessarily and my existing passport (cancelled) has had to be replaced and a temporary travel document paid for at great cost to myself. You will understand that I will not be using Malagacar.com again
From: Colin Campbell
I come to Spain twice a year and always book my car hire with Malagacar.com.They have never disappointed and now I would never go with any one else.I have used them for many years and always recommend them to family and friends.
From: Ian Weavers
BAD ASSISTANCE AND NOT REPLYING TO THE EMAILS. DON'T TRUST THEIR POLICY AS, IN CASE OF ANY KIND OF PROBLEM YOU WON'T HAVE ASSISTANCE.(go then for the cheaspest one - there is no difference!) We experienced a strange behaviour with the gasoline indicator as after putting in 10 Euros of gasoline, the indicator did't change; after other 10 Euros, nothing again and at the end after 5 more Euros as per magic, the tank was FULL (from less then half to full in a sec! ). As the policy is HALF TO HALF we explained the problem and asked for the refund and as imagined, the answer was:" we can't now, we check the issue, send us an email." (they weren't very polite while telling us that !). After 20 days no reply yet. WELL DONE, SHAME ON YOU AND ON YOUR FALSE PROFESSIONALISM! NEVER ANYMORE! PS: the car was OPEL CORSA WHITE PLATE NUMBER 6969HYF ---------------------------------- PESSIMA ASSISTENZA, NON RISPONDONO ALLE MAIL. NON DATE RETTA ALLA LORO PUBBLICITA' INGANNEVOLE (nel dubbio, scegliete un'altra compagnia più economica!) Abbiamo noleggiato un'auto ed abbiamo notato uno strano atteggiamento della lancetta del carburante; era meno di metà serbatoio, dopo aver messo 10 Euro la lancetta non si è mossa, dopo altre 10 Euro, niente e dopo altri 5 Euro PIENO! (da meno di metà a pieno in un attimo!). Visto che loro hanno la regola di consegnarvi l'auto con mezzo serbatoio e riceverla con mezzo serbatoio, alla consegna abbiamo spiegato il problema ed abbiamo chiesto il rimborso la risposta è stata:" non possiamo rimborsare ora, dobbiamo controllare il problema, mandateci un email." (ovviamente sono stati piuttosto maleducati nel dircelo!). Oggi dopo 20 giorni ancora nessuna risposta!COMPLIMENTI, VERGOGNATEVI VOI E LA VOSTRA PROFESSIONALITA' MAI PIU' CON VOI! PS: la macchina era una OPEL CORSA BIANCA CON TARGA 6969HYF OCCHIO!!!! ------------------------------------ MUY MALA ASISTENCIA NO CONTESTAN A LOS MAILS. NO CREàIS SUS POLICY, SI VAIS A TENER UN PROBLEMA NO OS PREOCUPèIS, NO VAIS A TENER ASISTENCIA! (os aconsejamos elegir otro rent a car mas barato, total...) Alquilamos un coche y notamos un algo raro en la lanceta de la gasolina: estaba menos de la midad, le echamos 10 Euros y la lanceta seguìa parada, echamos otros 10 Euros,nada no se muviò, echamos otros 5 Euros y como por màgia, pasò de menos de la midad a lleno en seguida! Còmo ellos dicen en sus policy de midad a midad, cuando fuìmos a devolver el coche, comentamos sobre el asunto para pedir que nos devolvieran el dinero, la ùnica respuesta fue:"no podemos devolver nada ahora, tenemos que chequear el problema, escribenos un mail." (fueron ademàs bastante maleducados!). Luego de 20 dìas todavìa no recibimos una respuesta a nuestras dos mails! BIEN HECHO! VERGUENZA VOSOTROS Y VUESTRA PUBLICIDAD POSTIZA Y VUESTRA PROFESIONALIDAD! NUNCA MAS! PS: el coche era un OPEL CORSA BLANCO MATRICULA 6969HYF
Before you write a review you must be sure the problem has been sorted out. Please look your bank account because the amount of 17,88 euros was refunded just 24 hours after you sent us an email so, do you think we are not professional?
As previously used, we were very happy with the service we received. Very professional, and off back to airport at end of holiday. Will certainly use again. Thank you.
From: Ann Adcook
Excellent service and reasonable prices. Staff were very pleasant and will be hiring from you again as well as recommending to friends who also hire in Malaga. Thank you.
From: Eugene O Connor
As like most people I found it a bit of a mine field renting a car out of Malaga airport, and went for malagacar.com after seeing a few positive reviews. I was glad I booked with them and had no issues at all. Below are a few pointers:
- just before you leave the main terminal doors look for their rep (orange t-shirt), they will give you a numbered ticket, this is to secure your place in the queue waiting for the mini bus to take you to their office which is 2 mins ride. This is a new system, and a few people in the mini bus queue didnt have this ticket (like you might get queue for customer service at IKEA). They then had to go back to the terminal to get one.
- the mini bus leaves 5 mins walk from the terminal exit. Turn right and follow the pathway through a tunnel, you will see other travellers going the same way. Malagacar.com is one of the last pick up points before you emerge from the tunnel.
- queued for 15 mins, but dont worry too much because this is just saving you queuing in their office. Basically you have a queue a little bit so its either at the airport or at the office.
- at 10am in early June I queued 5 mins in the office.
- very quick turn around to get the car with no upselling (as I bought insurance in the UK to remove the excess).
- they do half full to empty which is a bit of a con, but use the 'miles left' on the car computer to ensure you dont over fill. They charge you ~€28 for the 1/2 tank of fuel.
- 13 days with 1/2 tank was £100 for Megane - not bad I reckon.
- Car was pretty new with ~13k on the clock.
- There were a few scratches and I got the rep to take photos and he uploaded them for reference to the booking.
- On return they looked at the car for 10 seconds and said 'all is ok'; no paperwork was handed back which I thought a bit weird, but they said it wasn't needed. I asked a few other tourists and they didn't get paperwork neither. Anyway, been back a week and nothing surprising on my credit card.
- everyone in the queue said this was a great company and they werent wrong. Would recommend and use again.
From: Barry Archbold
The best car rental service we have ever used. It was so easy and when you are travelling with children, that's what you want . We will never use any other company now.
Hired car plus baby seat from 4/6/16 to 11/6/16
From: Ajay Mayor
Always a pleasurable, hassle-free experience renting from Malagacar.com. I won't use anyone else any more when I fly to Malaga. 4 or 5 rentals now....and counting...I'll be back!
From: Adam Hart Dyke
Used them for the first time recently and more than happy with them. Good efficient service both on collection and return. Very pleased with them, so much so I have booked a car for my next trip.
From: Nigel John Lewis
We were very pleased with the car hire service you provided at Malagacar. We picked up from the station and that process was very quick, efficient and friendly - as was the return process. The car was just as we had expected, very clean and in excellent order.
We would use malagacar again and have already recommended you to others
Address: Av. del Comandante García Morato, 34, 29004 Málaga.
Telephone: +34 952 17 60 30. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All content © 2020 malagacar.com - Bardon y Rufo 67 S.L.