Jerez de la Frontera map
Jerez de la Frontera is a city and municipality in the province of Cádiz, in the autonomous region of Andalusia. It is located in the south of Spain, between the sea and the mountains, and is internationally known for its wine, horses, flamenco and of course the speed circuit where different motor racing competitions are held throughout the year.
Of Phoenician origin, it reached great splendour during the Roman and Arabic periods, leaving us numerous monuments in its old quarter. Jerez, being located between the mountains and the sea, at a very short distance from both, will allow us to enjoy the two options of Cadiz, its wonderful beaches and rural tourism with routes as suggestive as the White Villages, the Route of the Bull, the Atlantic Route, etc...
Navigate through the map by clicking on the image
In this article we offer you a detailed map of Jerez de la Frontera, where you can see the main streets, squares, monuments and places of tourist interest. We also show you an interactive map that you can use to explore the city in more detail and plan your visit.
What to see in Jerez de la Frontera?
Jerez de la Frontera has a rich historical and cultural heritage that is reflected in its old quarter, declared a historic-artistic site. Among its most outstanding buildings are the following:
- The Alcazar: It is an 11th century Arab fortress that preserves elements such as the Patio de Armas, the Palace of the Admiral or the Arab Baths. It also houses the Municipal Archaeological Museum and the Andalusian Flamenco Centre (Map).
- The Cathedral: It is an imposing construction from the 17th century that combines Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque styles. Inside you can admire works such as the main altarpiece and the organ (Map).
- El Cabildo Viejo: This is a 16th century Renaissance building that was the seat of the town hall until 1976. It currently hosts temporary exhibitions and cultural events (Map).
- Cathedral of Nuestro Señor San Salvador: It is a 17th century Andalusian Baroque jewel that stands out for its façade decorated with Solomonic columns and sculptures. Its interior houses the Crucified Christ attributed to Martínez Montañés.(Map)
- La Cartuja de Santa María de la Defensión: This Carthusian monastery was founded in the 15th century and is located on the outskirts of the city. Its church is a late Gothic and Baroque masterpiece, with a Plateresque façade and a high altarpiece by Zurbarán.
In addition to these monuments, Jerez de la Frontera offers other attractions such as its bodegas, where the famous sherry wines are produced; its equestrian schools, where you can see the art of dressage and the dancing of Andalusian horses; or its flamenco clubs, where you can enjoy the most authentic singing and dancing.
How to get to Jerez de la Frontera?
Jerez de la Frontera is well connected by road, train and plane. These are some of the options for getting to the city:
- By car: Jerez de la Frontera is connected by the A-4 motorway with Seville (about 90 km away) and Cadiz (about 35 km away). It can also be reached by the N-IV road from Madrid (about 650 km away) or by the A-381 from Algeciras (about 100 km away).
- By train: Jerez de la Frontera has a railway station offering regional and national services. Among them are the AVE trains that connect with Madrid (in about 4 hours), Seville (in about 50 minutes) or Cordoba (in about 2 hours). There are also Alvia trains to Barcelona (in about 8 hours) or Bilbao (in about 9 hours).
- By plane: Jerez de la Frontera has an international airport located about 10 km from the city centre. It offers regular flights to national destinations such as Madrid, Barcelona or Gran Canaria; and international destinations such as London, Paris or Frankfurt. From the airport you can take a bus or taxi to the city.
You can find more information about Jerez de la Frontera on our website, in case you are planning a visit by car from Malaga.
Street map of Jerez de la Frontera
Below is an interactive map of Jerez.
Jerez en Google Maps
| Legal warning
| Affiliate Program
| Work with us
Address: Avenida del Comandante García Morato, 34, 29004 Málaga, Spain.
All content © 2023 malagacar.com - Bardon y Rufo 67 S.L.