Fortunately, the good weather has accompanied us over the last few weeks, making Malaga and the Costa del Sol an ideal and safe destination. There is a wide range of activities available, whether cultural, sporting or recreational. Visiting museums and monuments, trekking, cycling routes and enjoying the local cuisine in bars and restaurants, always within the municipality of residence, are some of the options available.
Perimeter closure in Andalusia, how does it affect me?
Update (09/11/2020): The perimeter closure will be extended until 23 November and will apply to all the municipalities in Andalusia.
In addition to this measure, all non-essential activities will be closed between 18:00 and 07:00 (in the case of Granada, the closure is total), except for food establishments, pharmacies, health and social services, vets, bookshops and stationery shops, petrol stations, funeral services, driving schools, hairdressing salons and home delivery services. Outdoor sports centres may remain open, but not those that provide indoor sports.
The “curfew” hours have also been extended and will apply from 22:00 to 07:00.
From Friday 30th October at 00:00 until Monday 9th November at 00:00 the following municipalities of Malaga will be closed: Alameda, Almargen, Antequera, Archidona, Campillos, Cañete la Real, Cuevas Bajas, Cuevas de San Marcos, Fuente de Piedra, Humilladero, Mollina, Sierra de Yeguas, Teba, Valle de Abdalajis, Villanueva de Algaidas, Villanueva de la Concepción, Villanueva de Tapia, Villanueva del Rosario and Villanueva del Trabuco. As well as the provinces of Granada, Seville and Jaen. Andalusia is also in perimeter closure with respect to other communities.
What does the perimeter closure consist of?
It is a measure that implies the restriction of exit or entrance to the mentioned areas, except in the following cases:
• Transit traffic (travelling from one unrestricted destination to another in the same state, crossing a closed destination)
• Travel to centres, services and health facilities.
• Compliance with labour, professional, business, institutional or legal obligations.
• Attendance at universities, teaching and educational institutions, including nursery schools.
• Return to the place of habitual residence or family.
• Assistance and care for the elderly, minors, dependents, disabled people or people who are particularly vulnerable.
• Travel to financial and insurance institutions or refuelling stations in neighbouring territories.
• Required or urgent actions before public, judicial or notarial bodies.
• Renewals of permits and official documentation, as well as other administrative procedures that cannot be postponed.
• Carrying out official exams or tests that cannot be postponed.
• Due to force majeure or necessity.
• Any other activity of a similar nature, duly accredited.
Finally, we would like to clarify that our car hire Malaga airport services will continue to operate as usual, and that there will be no impediment to the delivery and collection of vehicles.