Covid test at Malaga airport

Malaga airport will soon offer Covid testing in the departure terminal. This will make travel easier for people who require a negative test at origin before they can board their plane.

Both Spaniards who want to travel and foreigners who are returning to their country will soon have an easier time at Malaga airport, and frankly we think it’s about time!

We do not yet have an exact date, but we do know that over the next few weeks a clinic will be set up in the departures terminal of the airport, where we can have a Covid diagnostic test before boarding. We will update you as soon as the clinic is open and operational.

Diagnostic tests for active infection (PDIA) for SARS-CoV2 can be performed in this clinic: PCR test (RT-PCR of COVID 19. Nasal and pharyngeal exudate); rapid antibody tests, rapid antigen detection tests or high-throughput serology (ELISA, CLIA, ECLIA) and clinical analysis.

Prices will not be higher than in other laboratories in the province. Approximate prices for Covid tests: PCR 120 €, Antibody 40 €, Antigen 50 €.

At this point it is very important for travellers to check with the respective foreign ministries before travelling to find out the current requirements for entry into the destination country. Also keep in mind that these requirements can change quickly, so stay informed!

The Covid diagnostic clinic at Malaga airport is mainly intended for passengers who will need the test result at the airport of destination, not for those who land in Malaga, as they have to bring it from origin in order to pass the health control.

We remind you that the PCR with negative result is compulsory for those who want to enter Spain by air and come from countries classified as at risk. In this article you will find everything you need to know about requirements to enter Spain by air, PCR code QR and more.

The laboratory at Malaga airport will have an area for carrying out the test and waiting and isolation areas for passenger privacy. If a positive result is detected after a Covid test, the established health alert protocols will be activated.

Currently, in order to access Malaga airport to carry out these tests, it will be necessary to have a boarding pass, as access is restricted to passengers.

In addition to Malaga airport, this service will be available at 14 other airports in Spain:
Madrid-Barajas, Barcelona-El Prat, Alicante-Elche, Valencia, Seville, Bilbao, Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca, Tenerife Sur, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, César Manrique-Lanzarote and La Palma.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Your MalagaCar.com Team

20 Responses to Covid test at Malaga airport

1. Ekaterina says:

Hello,
    Do you know where can I get a PCR test of up to 12 hour before boarding. I appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!

2. Dany Vanholme says:

I am leaving on March 4th in the morning at 11.25
    Can I take an antigen test in Malaga Airport ?

3. Kasper Olesen says:

Dear Sirs,
    Thank you for your valuable information. I have two questions:
    Any estimated date of opening the test center at AGP?
    Can I travel from Malaga Airport (arriving from Denmark) directly to the Cordoba Province? Would it be considere a permitted transit travel?
    Best regards

• Hi Kasper, there is no date yet for the airport clinic.

About traveling to Cordoba, if your residence is there you shouldn’t have any problem. But if you only want to go on a visit, it’s not allowed yet to travel between provinces.

Regards,
      MalagaCar.com

4. Jack Somers says:

Can you tell me where I can take a Lamp test near Malaga airport? And will the result be available within 12 hours?

5. Bianca says:

I have booked a flight from Malaga Airport, can you tell if a rapid test is already possible at the airport? Or otherwise near the airport?
    Passenger is arriving from Cadiz…hope that you can answer me! Thanks.

6. Kate says:

I am arriving to Malaga at midnight. I need to pick up a car and get to a hotel. How does it work during curfew?

I still can not find clinic where i can get an antigen test. I need less then 24 hr test. The link you are providing https://e-quironsalud.es/pedido asking for
    DNI/NIF/NIE

7. Kate says:

I need to get antigen/rapid test before flying from Malaga.
    In this link https://portalsalud.sanitas.es/test-geneticos-preventivos/test-antigenos-covid19
    there are no any Malaga option.

8. Jan Kowalski says:

Is testing already availeable? If not, where can I take a test (rapid test) before the flight? Is it availeable nearby the airport?

9. Ann says:

Do you know if the Lamp test/ Grifols test will one of the tests offered?

10. David Russell says:

Any update on the COVID testing in departures and how long it will take to get a result?