Covid test at Malaga airport

Malaga airport will soon offer Covid testing in the departure terminal. This will make travel easier for people who require a negative test at origin before they can board their plane.

Both Spaniards who want to travel and foreigners who are returning to their country will soon have an easier time at Malaga airport, and frankly we think it’s about time!

We do not yet have an exact date, but we do know that over the next few weeks a clinic will be set up in the departures terminal of the airport, where we can have a Covid diagnostic test before boarding. We will update you as soon as the clinic is open and operational.

Diagnostic tests for active infection (PDIA) for SARS-CoV2 can be performed in this clinic: PCR test (RT-PCR of COVID 19. Nasal and pharyngeal exudate); rapid antibody tests, rapid antigen detection tests or high-throughput serology (ELISA, CLIA, ECLIA) and clinical analysis.

Prices will not be higher than in other laboratories in the province. Approximate prices for Covid tests: PCR 120 €, Antibody 40 €, Antigen 50 €.

At this point it is very important for travellers to check with the respective foreign ministries before travelling to find out the current requirements for entry into the destination country. Also keep in mind that these requirements can change quickly, so stay informed!

The Covid diagnostic clinic at Malaga airport is mainly intended for passengers who will need the test result at the airport of destination, not for those who land in Malaga, as they have to bring it from origin in order to pass the health control.

We remind you that the PCR with negative result is compulsory for those who want to enter Spain by air and come from countries classified as at risk. In this article you will find everything you need to know about requirements to enter Spain by air, PCR code QR and more.

The laboratory at Malaga airport will have an area for carrying out the test and waiting and isolation areas for passenger privacy. If a positive result is detected after a Covid test, the established health alert protocols will be activated.

Currently, in order to access Malaga airport to carry out these tests, it will be necessary to have a boarding pass, as access is restricted to passengers.

In addition to Malaga airport, this service will be available at 14 other airports in Spain:
Madrid-Barajas, Barcelona-El Prat, Alicante-Elche, Valencia, Seville, Bilbao, Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca, Tenerife Sur, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, César Manrique-Lanzarote and La Palma.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Your MalagaCar.com Team

65 Responses to Covid test at Malaga airport

1. EDWARD WRIGHTON-EDWARDS says:

I am interested in flying from Malaga to Melilla and spending three nights there.What would be my situation with regard to Covid tests?

2. Jane says:

What test do you need to return to the U.K. and how long before your flight does it have to be taken? Can you have a test on the day of your departure?

• Hi Jane,

Here is all you need to do:
      – Take a COVID-19 test and get a negative result during the 3 days before you travel
      – Book and pay for a travel test package, which will include COVID-19 tests to be taken on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of your quarantine
      – Complete a passenger locator form with details of where you will home quarantine when you arrive and the travel test package (if you are arriving from a non red-list country) booking reference number.

Take in mind that a PCR result can take up to 12 hours, so maybe you should go the day before your flight.

Regards,
      MalagaCar.com

3. Mica says:

Do i need a test to fly from Malaga to tenerife on 23rd may ?

Can it be any kind of test as antibody blood test sample instead of nasal one ?

I am french citizen.

4. Brian Spon says:

Is it possible to have a saliva sample PCR test at Malaga airport instead of the invasive swab test ?

• Hi Brian, the PCR and antigen tests at Malaga airport are done with nasal swabs.

There is also an antibody test available, using some drops of blood (but may not be enough to travel to some countries).

Regards,
      MalagaCar.com

5. Duygu Kirkici says:

Dear,

I am flying back to Holland @ 28th of April , 19:00 oclock. Do all PCR test include a certificate to fly? I am now staying in the centre of Malaga. Do you know a place nearby where I can get the PCR test and a certificate within 24 hours?

Thanks in advance,

Duygu

6. Amanda Brandts says:

Hola,

When is the testlocation at the airport open?! Is is possible to do a saliva pcr test for underage traveller’s (no deep noseswab i mean)

7. Nergis YILMAZ says:

Hi, we have a flight to berlin germany on 4th of Aprill. Test should be done in 48 hours but there is no appointment for tomorrow. How can we get an appointment ? Can we come to airport directly for pcr testing?

8. Andrea says:

Hi!

I am travelling back to the Netherlands. I would like to know if the test done in Malaga Airport meets the requirement of the Netherlands (NAAT PCR) and if not where is the best place to take it.

Thanks

9. Meghan says:

Flying to Malaga from Frankfurt, Germany on April 16th. What kind of test is required when I enter? Can I show a negative Antigen test? Thanks!

10. Pieter Huisman says:

Hi Malagacar,
    First; thank you for the incredible service you’re providing with this blog.
    Second;
    I’m flying to The Netherlands in May, is there -withina 24.hour result- saliva test possible? i do NOT want a deep nasal swab.

• Hello Peter! You as well as our clients may understand that we are Malaga based, that is, we can provide all the info about required tests for entering Spain, as well as the offers regarding such tests in Málaga. But we cannot provide all the info about tests required for entering your own countries, sorry, you have to check that yourselves!
      Best regards, Malagacar.com

11. Pieter Huisman says:

Hi Malagacar,
    First; thank you for the incredible service you’re providing with this blog.
    Second;
    I’m flying to The Netherlands in May, is there a saliva test possible? i do NOT want a deep nasal swab.

Best regards, Malagacar.com

• Hi Pieter,

It seems that the Netherlands only requires a rapid antigen test (no more than four hours prior to boarding your flight). But to get back to Spain you will to do a PCR test (LAMP tests are also valid).

Regards,
      MalagaCar.com

12. Abricati says:

Hi, does anybody know which test and QR Code I need to have in Spain before travelling to France ? thank you

13. Maria Jensen says:

I’m traveling to Denmark on Saturday 27th or March. Is it possible to test at the airport before departure? And how long should I expect to wait in line to be tested?

14. Charo says:

Hi, does anybody know which test I need to have in Spain before travelling to the United Kingdom?

15. rene says:

Hi, when will the covid testing begin at departures ?

16. Koffii says:

I have a 2 hours business meeting in Malaga.I will fly from Amsterdam with my Covid-19 test .can I still use this certificate while it not yet 72 hours for my return to Amsterdam?

• Hi Koffii, I think you can use the same PCR, but you will have to do an antigens test no older than 4 hours (it’s a requirement to travel to the Netherlands).

Regards,
      MalagaCar.com

17. Jim says:

Can anyone confirm whether or not the Malaga Airport Police are preventing British Nationals residing in Gibraltar from flying out of Malaga Airport, and are effectively turning them away at the airport?

18. Christian Cudjoe says:

Please i am a residence in Spain but i came to visit my Family in Finland.i want to know coming back to Spain do i need to do another antigen test? Im a Ghanaian though.

19. Abraham says:

Hi guys i have a connecting flight in malaga but my country requires a rapid antigen test. I v got 2 hours to get that done what is the nearest testing facility?

20. Allan says:

Does anybody know when it will be possible to get a Covid19
    test in Malaga Airport?

21. Ekaterina says:

Hello,
    Do you know where can I get a PCR test of up to 12 hour before boarding. I appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!

22. Dany Vanholme says:

I am leaving on March 4th in the morning at 11.25
    Can I take an antigen test in Malaga Airport ?

23. Kasper Olesen says:

Dear Sirs,
    Thank you for your valuable information. I have two questions:
    Any estimated date of opening the test center at AGP?
    Can I travel from Malaga Airport (arriving from Denmark) directly to the Cordoba Province? Would it be considere a permitted transit travel?
    Best regards

• Hi Kasper, there is no date yet for the airport clinic.

About traveling to Cordoba, if your residence is there you shouldn’t have any problem. But if you only want to go on a visit, it’s not allowed yet to travel between provinces.

Regards,
      MalagaCar.com

24. Jack Somers says:

Can you tell me where I can take a Lamp test near Malaga airport? And will the result be available within 12 hours?

25. Bianca says:

I have booked a flight from Malaga Airport, can you tell if a rapid test is already possible at the airport? Or otherwise near the airport?
    Passenger is arriving from Cadiz…hope that you can answer me! Thanks.

26. Kate says:

I am arriving to Malaga at midnight. I need to pick up a car and get to a hotel. How does it work during curfew?

I still can not find clinic where i can get an antigen test. I need less then 24 hr test. The link you are providing https://e-quironsalud.es/pedido asking for
    DNI/NIF/NIE

27. Kate says:

I need to get antigen/rapid test before flying from Malaga.
    In this link https://portalsalud.sanitas.es/test-geneticos-preventivos/test-antigenos-covid19
    there are no any Malaga option.

28. Jan Kowalski says:

Is testing already availeable? If not, where can I take a test (rapid test) before the flight? Is it availeable nearby the airport?

29. Ann says:

Do you know if the Lamp test/ Grifols test will one of the tests offered?

30. David Russell says:

Any update on the COVID testing in departures and how long it will take to get a result?