Covid test centre at Malaga airport

We told you at the beginning of February that a Covid test centre would be opened at Malaga airport and finally this centre has opened this week. It was really long overdue!

At last a centralised service at the airport is available to travellers, which will greatly ease the headaches related to mandatory tests for those travellers returning home.

I flew myself recently, in this link you will find all you need to know about flying to Malaga in times of Covid.

Covid test centre at Malaga airport

This is good news and we are very happy about it, as it makes our journey home much easier. The great advantages of this airport centre are firstly the very fast results, which are sent directly to the traveller’s email.

And secondly and not least, the enormous price competitiveness, as a PCR costs half of what it normally costs in a laboratory.

Photo Diario Sur

Now we look at all the issues in detail, prices, location, if you need to make an appointment, read on!

Covid tests available at Malaga airport and prices

PCR test: Detects whether you have virus genetic material (RNA) in the earliest stages of infection. It is the test of choice in most European countries. Therefore, it is either required by airlines before boarding the flight or you have to show it on arrival in your country, or else show it within 48 hours. Test results are available in less than 12 hours.
Price: 58,68€.

Rapid Antigen Test: Detects if you have viral proteins and, therefore, if you carry the virus. Results are available in 15-20 minutes
Price: 24,45€.

Rapid Antibody Test: Detects if you have generated antibodies against the virus. Results are available in 15-20 minutes
Price: 29,34€.

The certificate with the test result will be sent directly to the traveller’s contact email, and can also be consulted and downloaded from the reference website.

Book appointment online

You have to book online in advance through their website www.travelcovidtestcenter.com. The website is available in English and Spanish. This makes it easier to plan your trip and avoids unnecessary queues and waiting.

Location of the centre and opening hours

The Travel COVID Test Centre is located at Malaga Costa del Sol Airport in Terminal T2 on the first floor. To access the terminal, you must show your boarding pass and/or flight reservation. You will only be able to access your terminal 72 hours before your flight.

The opening hours are currently from 8 am to 6 pm, but opening hours will be extended at a later date.

What do I need to bring to the appointment?

Passport or ID card, confirmation of the appointment and face mask are required.
Please avoid eating, drinking, smoking or brushing your teeth one hour before the test.

What should I do if the test comes back positive?

If your test result is positive, you must leave the airport.

In compliance with Royal Decree Law 26/2020, article 5, if the result of the diagnostic test is positive, the client cannot travel and must leave the airport.

Tell us about your experience with this centre!

27 Responses to Covid test centre at Malaga airport

1. fifi says:

can i”ll pay cash ?

Must the appontment on paper or is by mobiel showing it ok ?

2. Marie says:

Hello. If I fly back to Germany, can I make a antigen test or must I do a pcr test?

3. erin hartz says:

Hello, we are planning this week to pay online and reserve a PCR test for our flight in early May on Aer Lingus to Dublin. We are concerned our flight might cancel again. Can we cancel our test reservation and reschedule the appointment for another flight date?

4. Jamie Irvine says:

Hi, I will be returning to Malaga from Croatia end on June. Is it possible to have test on arrival or do I need one here in Croatia before I depart? They are nearly €200 here so hoping on arrival at Malaga is an option!

• Hi Jamie, you will need to do your test before you depart from Croatia (they are requested when you leave the country, before you take your flight).

Regards,
      MalagaCar.com

5. Klaus Willberger says:

Can I book the PCR test at Malaga Airport without a NIE number and get the best?

6. Rachel says:

Is a negative rapid antigen test enough to fly from Malaga to Dublin? Or does it have to be PCR?

• Hi Rachel, the Irish Government requires all persons travelling to Ireland to provide a negative result of a PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival in Ireland.

Regards,
      MalagaCar.com

7. C says:

If I want to fly home to Stockholm, Sweden, do I have to take a test to get access to the airport?

8. Didi says:

Hi,

Is a flight reservation enough to enter the terminal / test centre?
    I am flying with Transavia and online incheck is not possible.
    I don’t want to book a PCR test and coming 24 hours before flight to the terminal and that it happens that i can not go through.

Best,
    Didi

9. tiina says:

I do fly out from Malaga on 11.4 and online is unfortunately in Malaga first possibility to test from 12.4?

10. Greg says:

This is NOT true – the testing centre is still not open – the appointments are accepted only starting 29/03!

• Hi Greg, you are right.

Currently the first date you can book a test is the 29th March.

Regards,
      Malagacar.com

• Hi Greg, we’ve gathered more information about this. Indeed, it has been open since the last week, but they can do a limited number of tests per day, so you need to get your appointment in advance.

Regards,
      MalagaCar.com

• Lucia says:

Hi, my flight is at 10:15 and i have a rapid antigen test at 9:30. it was the only free time. Do you think it is enough time? Is the test center after the security check? Where does the airline check the result?

• Hi Lucia, the test center is outside the security check. I think it’s too risky, you could miss your flight. I would get the test at https://www.intermedicalss.com/

Regards,