Have you ever got lost during your car hire in Malaga? Sometimes it happens and the mobile device is not always available to save us, we ran out of battery, there is no coverage or no data. So, it never hurts to print some directions to your destination.
How far is Marbella from Malaga airport?
The distance from Marbella to Malaga airport is about 50 km, a journey of just over 40 minutes (35 minutes by motorway) if there are no retentions. Here we detail all the steps to follow:
1.- Leaving the office of MalagaCar.com, merge onto the roundabout (watch out for cars coming from your left) and perform an almost complete turn to go on the main road, leaving the airport at your back.
2.- Now enter the right lane to take the exit towards Torremolinos/Cádiz.
3.- Follow the right lane on this road for about 3 minutes and follow the exit up to Benalmádena/Algeciras (next to the car dealers).
4.- Continue on the A-7 for about 12 minutes until you reach the next exit:
Here you have 2 options:
– It’s free.
– There are many exits (if you want to stop to eat or have a drink).
– You pass by with several municipalities, if anything catches your attention you can visit during your holiday.
– Part of the route runs along the sea.
– The access roads to the motorway are very short, causing drivers quite often to merge in a risky manner.
– The state of the road in some sections is quite improvable.
– Sidewalk almost nonexistent.
– Heavy traffic during the morning.
– Fixed speed control section and possible mobile radars.
– The speed limit is 80 km/h.
– Pavement in good condition.
– The maximum speed limit is 120 km/h.
– It offers spectacular views of the coast and the mountains of Marbella in some sections.
– Excessively expensive *.
– Few rest areas, just a couple of gas stations.
5a.- Stay on the right and continue on this road for about 30 minutes.
6a.- Finally, take exit 184 Marbella/centro urbano.
5b.- Follow the fork on the left and continue on this road for about 25 minutes.
6b.- Take exit 184 Marbella/Casco Antiguo and at the next roundabout, take the fourth exit to cross the bridge that passes over the road.
7b.- Maintain your direction in the first roundabout and take the third exit at the next.
8b.- Shortly after you will find another roundabout, take the first exit and continue along the Skate Park.
9b.- Continue straight on for a couple of minutes and you will reach the street that runs through the centre of Marbella.
And … we have arrived! This road runs through the centre of Marbella, where you find most of the tourist accommodations in the area, including the four-star hotel Fuerte Marbella or the Amare Marbella Beach Hotel (adults only).
We hope you find it useful in your next visit to Marbella. See you soon!
* * for prices in 2022 visit the website: https://www.autopistadelsol.com/en/prices-and-discounts/prices/