This bullring was built in 1874, although its inauguration took place 2 years later, it wasn’t until 1876 when the first bull fight took place in Malaga.
The bullring has been declared as a historical-artistic complex and an asset of cultural interest, although there are gradually more and more people that request the end of the bull fighting as a show due to the animal cruelty; undoubtedly, in the past, it was a great pastime for those who could afford it, a legacy that has managed to reach our days.
The bullring, that is currently still functioning, celebrates eventual bullfights every year, such as the ones held during the Holy Week, the Malaga Fair of August or during the month of September, for example. This bullring has a capacity for 9.032 spectators and hosts in its interior a bullfighting museum that was opened in 1999.
Price: Museum fees: adults 1.80 euros; children up to 7 years old for free.
Opening hours: 10:00 a 13:00 h. Mon to Fri. Sat and Sun closed.
Paseo de Reding, s/n,
Call Centre: 952221727